MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM THE BASHOORS
2017 REVIEW IN REVERSE
- Heidi was the featured artist at the "Bell Tea" for Downey First Baptist. This annual event always sells out to a crowd of about 300. Heidi did a live painting of an original piece of art while she sang, quoted extensive portions of scripture, and intermittently shared a devotional message. She also prepared inspirational jewelry and prints for purchase. You can watch it here on Heidi's YouTube channel: "Love Came Down: The Bell Tea at Downey First Baptist."
- At church we've been encouraged to see some growth and a good spirit of service. We received 10 new members in December. All this despite losing our steeple to termites! A replacement campaign is underway.
- Rebekah and Hannah both performed very well in various concerts for the Orange County Music Association and at church. Hannah turned 6 shortly after Thanksgiving, and Rebekah will turn 8 before the year turns.
- In addition to teaching Art at Village Bible Academy, Heidi also began teaching a course in Bible Memorization.
- In the middle of the semester, Scott began to teach an online course (undergraduate) for The Master's University.
- Early in the Fall we were encouraged by some new attenders who began working on our church's social media platforms. We now have a better footprint on Facebook and a YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH9P-ylv_z-gJ7wK59uRJjg
- In June we traveled to Sacramento for the wedding of Seth (Heidi's nephew) and Jessica. It was a beautiful wedding on a hot day. We spent a few days in the delta basin before driving down to Morrow Bay on the central coast where we stayed for a few relaxing days.
- In April Heidi and Scott traveled to Fiji to minister at the Easter Convention for the Fellowship of Bible Churches. Scott had been to Fiji for a conference in 2013, but this was Heidi's first time. Scott spoke 5 times in the 4 day conference, and Heidi spoke each day to one of the kids' sessions and once to a combined ladies' meeting. After the convention, we enjoyed a few days seaside as we belatedly celebrated our 10 year anniversary (Mar 24, 2007). It was wonderful to spend good quality time with our friends, the Choys. We were thankful for family & friends who watched the girls and Shadow during our 9 days away.
- The year began with a flurry of new activity
- Heidi began leading the girls in another semester of homeschooling
- They join with other students on Tuesdays for classes such as Art (which Heidi teaches for the co-op).
- On Wednesday they took music classes, and Thursdays they took dance classes.
- Scott began another busy semester of teaching at the seminary, and at church he began a new preaching series in the book of 2 Peter.
- Scott's book was published digitally at the end of 2016, and a big sales push in mid-January was very successful. Another edition of it will be worked on for the future. Read more about the book at the landing page, www.BiblePrism.com.